Advertising

Monday, August 18, 2008

Seeking Forgiveness

The servant is always in the blessings of Allah, which necessitate thankfulness, and in sinfulness, which requires seeking forgiveness. Both of these matters are required and essential for the servant at all times, as the servant does not cease to alternate between Allah's (various) favors and blessings, and does not cease to be in need of repentance and seeking forgiveness.

'I beg Forgiveness of Allah SWT, my Lord
From all the sins which I have committed,
Consciously and unconsciously,
Hidden and evident. I repent and ask forgiveness for all my sins
Of which I am aware or not aware.

Allah SWT!
You are the Knower of all things unknown
And the Veiler of disgrace,
The Forgiver of sins. There is no power or strength besides
Allah, the Exalted, The Supreme.'


Narrated on the authority of A'mash with the same chain of transmitters, but there is no mention of these words:"He draws near Me by the space of a hand, I draw near him by the space (covered) by two hands."

"When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest, and you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes, then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance." [An-Nasr (110):1-3]

InsyaAllah.

Salam

skullsplitter

No comments: